Adjusting pedals

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Adjusting pedals

Post by scottzg »

The distance between the pedals is great, but the brake pedal is much to much higher than the gas pedal. I noticed there is some adjustment nuts on the brake pedal, can i lower it with those without running around with my brakes engaged? Can i lower it a bit and take care of that slop at the top of the pedal travel at the same time? Has anyone bent the pedals or something to make for less of a gap?

The other thing that would be nice is if there was a little bit of space on the trans tunnel next to the gas pedal for me to stick part of my heel. I guess i'd have to bash it with my 5lb hammer... does anyone know if ill make myself a new contact point for the trans?

This car is really hard to heel toe.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

You might have to start learning the twitch-foot style of heel-toe shifting, like I had to.

My feet were to big, so I brake with the left half of the ball of my foot, and blip the throttle with the right half of the ball of my foot. No heel involved.

It's easy because of a lightweight flywheel, I can just jab the gas and get the revs up, but it should work just fine with a stock flywheel.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Phil, our Scotty here is, uh. . . Well, he's a bigger boy, so he needs his space. Scott, punch a hole in that trans tunnel! That contact point alone has to be worth at LEAST another 5-10hp.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Haha, my feet are 11. Not THAT big.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Only 11? Suddenly I feel so validated, walking in my size 10s.

I have tiny feet. :(
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

You think it's hard with 11's :\

I find that if I pull my toes real high up on the brake pedal, almost touching the arm, I can shove the heel in there.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

I wear 11 1/2s.....

All cars have the brake higher than the gas. Sorta annoying if you ask me.
Disclaimer: If anything I post is inaccurate, please correct me. I do not wish to add to the misinformation floating around on the internet.

That being said, everything I post is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

You can adjust the nut that the brake light sensor goes into, as it's what determines pedal height. However you'll then have to adjust the rod going to the booster to compensate for what you did.

I basically did this when I did my AWD swap and swapped pedals. I put the pedals where I liked them, and then adjusted everything.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Legacy777 wrote:You can adjust the nut that the brake light sensor goes into, as it's what determines pedal height. However you'll then have to adjust the rod going to the booster to compensate for what you did.
excellent! I'm gonna do this too.

Anyone know how much space i can bash into the trans tunnel?
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

You could get one of those alloy pedal covers to get the gas closer to the brake also. I used a set to close the lateral distance between the pedals so I could heel and toe easy (in actuality using the sides of my foot for each pedal). I have size 11s.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Those pedals look like ass though.

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
0perose
Third Gear

Post by 0perose »

size 12 baby!
yo mang, can I get a rootshell?

1991 N/A, 4eat, crazy lights, junk suspension, sticker wagon
1989 xt6 work in progress
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Those pedals look like ass though.
Yeah, 'cause those tiny rubber pads look so sweet. :roll:

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

I need to get some WRX pedals.......
Disclaimer: If anything I post is inaccurate, please correct me. I do not wish to add to the misinformation floating around on the internet.

That being said, everything I post is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I wear an 11.5 and do it the same way Steve does. Use either side of my foot.

Brake higher, when using this method, is beneficial. Just push as much brake as you need and pivot down for gas. Easy.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Since this thread has come back to life, i figure ill mention that i have had better luck just using the tip of my toe to blip the throttle. I haven't bothered to adjust my pedals yet, so i have to settle through that bit of slop at the top, making it impractical when i dont need to brake much.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Hm, my brakes don't really start to do much until the gas and brake are near level.

Steve
fireytom
In Neutral

Hmmm....

Post by fireytom »

Wow I think I may be the biggest and youngest guy on this forum :shock: . I'm 17 but I'm 6'6" with a size 15. It's a bit of a PIA to drive my BC, but i think it's worth it. :D
snowjob
Second Gear

Post by snowjob »

Weighing in with size 13s, I have problems with my foot hitting the foot support on the left when I'm clutching
04 modified XT
99 LGT Limited
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

I've also got 13's and they're wide bitches to boot. I'm just starting to figure out how to move my feet like that, but it's gonna be a long road :) I think having some sort of driving shoe would help a great deal because they've typically got a lot less material surrounding your foot.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
Thor
In Neutral

Post by Thor »

:sad: The leggy is my first sedan, but its an auto. I heal-toe in size 15's in my GMC Sierra.