where to put jack stands

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

where to put jack stands

Post by legacy92ej22t »

can anyone tell me the best place to place jack stands on the front of car?I cannot put them on rocker panel without cuasing damage.I use the trailing arms on the rear without ill effect,but am unsure where to place them up front.I'm going to be doing axle, rotor and brake pad replacement so I'm unsure if the control arm might work,or would this make it to hard to remove steering knuckle from ball joint?any advice would be great,thank's
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

If you jack the car up via the rear engine support and look underneith, you will see two raised areas that go back from where the control arm mounts in the rear. They slowly go away. These are part of the cars unibody frame, so you can put them on there.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I've also had success putting jackstands under the sway bar mounts. The saddles of my stands fit the shape of the mounts really well. This doesn't work so well in the rear, though, since the mounts are up way higher than in the front.
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

If I need to use jackstands, I use either the rear diff or front crossmember. I'm throwing armor on both places in the form of a skidplate and rear diff protector which'll make those locations even stronger. But they should be OK stock.
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1994 Barcelona Red SVX LSi.
1990 CRX Si (for sale)

I know a little about Subarus.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

thanks for the help,axle,rotor and brake project on hold now though.I blew my cam seals,which is more pressing.at least i'll have a new front end,and a fun weekend :lol: I just went through this with my forester except it was the crank seal :x thanks again though on the jack stand advice
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]