UPDATED PICS: Redlineracer's 1991 Legacy SS

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

redlineracer
First Gear

UPDATED PICS: Redlineracer's 1991 Legacy SS

Post by redlineracer »

Well, I decided to post my car's pic up on here. I've seen a lot of people on here from Oregon with T-Leg's on here so here's another! My friend's dad is gonna help me with a rollcage soon and tomorrow I'm getting in my new 17" rims so I will try to put up new pics. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by redlineracer on Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Is that an alarm clock on the dash?

Why do you need a roll cage?
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

That's a nice color red.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

No LOL its not an alarm clock! Its a Autometer 5" tach with blue shift light in the corner and a radar detector so I can run from the cops HAHA! j/k Yeah I heard from DMV that the FST STI license plate has NOT been taken yet so I think I might go and invest in a new set of license plates. But yeah the car is getting there very slowly and where I want it to be. I could go a little faster with a dual nitrous setup but its kinda pricey. Im also going to "try" to rally soon and also it would make a nice safety barrier if I just "roll" my car with the roll cage and my friend's dad said he's make one for me if I get him welding wire and a 24 pack of Budweiser. He's going to supply the bars so I guess Im going to get a good deal. LOL
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

That is way too nice of a car to go and roll...in my opinion...which you probably will if you don't really know what you are doing as far as "rallying"

The cage in the rally car I codrive was like $1500, so I doubt you will get a rollcage that will save your life for a 24 pack of Busch or whatever...especially if the guy is drinking it while building your cage :?
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

I agree. A bad rollcage can in fact make things worse in a crash. Nothing like having tubular steel through your noggin. But, on the other hand, if that's all the guy does for a living then it might be okay. I wouldn't trust someone who just had the welder and time to jiffy pop me a roll cage. Experience/knowhow is essential as far as I'm concerned.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Richard wrote:I agree. A bad rollcage can in fact make things worse in a crash. Nothing like having tubular steel through your noggin. But, on the other hand, if that's all the guy does for a living then it might be okay. I wouldn't trust someone who just had the welder and time to jiffy pop me a roll cage. Experience/knowhow is essential as far as I'm concerned.
I wasn't so worried about the guy's welding skills, but there is a lot of engineering that goes into a proper FIA Approved rollcage...which this guy probably won't be doing...
Nick

urabusturbo
First Gear

Post by urabusturbo »

i think the decals on it are fugly, and nitrous isnt how you shuld make that car fast.
93 Legacy L- FPgreen, 6 speed, Built motor, hydra, etc
92 L wagon.
01 Forester S-DD
91 mr2 turbo
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

Check this out this guy has been fabricating rollcages for stock cars and hotrods here for 30 years before he retired so Im sure he knows the updated NHRA or FIA rules before they even get out. So I would put that rollcage in my car and I have full trust in his skills. The reason why he's doing it for me is cause I'm his son's friend and I'm buying parts for his Bronco. And he also does awesome CNC machine work. He built his son's rollcage that won the Mud Drags here at Coos Bay Speedway. I'm not trying to rice it out or anything Im pretty much going for style points cause my sponsor wants me to try to win 3 shows this year at local events and be in a booth at HIN in Seattle when it comes up. I'm just putting in what my sponsor's are sending me. All I said was that I might give rally a shot because I have never done it before and if I do it, I wanna be prepared.
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

ok I bit my tongue for as long as I could. dude I really apreciate your enthusiasm but lets be real for a second. What you have there is a nice daily driver. the body looks, from what I can see from the crappy pics, to be in great shape. I would be worried about getting a door ding in a parking lot with that car and you intend to "slap" a roll cage in it and take it rallying completely stock but with a roll cage? Browse around on here and see what it takes to make one of our cars rally ready. I do pretty well for myself and I cant imagine dropping the 10k or more to do everything necissary. Now if you are talking about doing the rallyX they do in a grass field with orange cones then just get some tires and call it a day. This is just some of the retarded shit I've been reading on here lately that prompted my thread in the ashtray. I mean, I was young and had a whole slew of pipe dreams myself but shit I really hope they were not as rediculous as this.
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
The Scooby
Second Gear

Post by The Scooby »

^ couldn't have said it better my self, and thats fine and dandy that you have sponcers, but when you have a factory tach, why would you need an aftermarket one? dont get me wrong, your car is very nice, but the stickers/tach are screaming SAVE ME FROM THE RICE MARKET
1999 Impreza Outback Sport w/ MY02 WRX complete swap

1986 GL wagon
EJ'ed and Lifted
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

I'm glad the guy has the experience to build a roll cage. As far as everything else, I don't have much to say. I'd hate for you to funk it up though, that's a good looking roo.
ferrari494
Second Gear

Post by ferrari494 »

no way dude, I watched too fast too furious...roll cage, rims, nos that makes cars go fast, plus decals are +50hp each...65 if it has "performanc" or"racing" in it
'93 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan, 5mt
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Guys,

I understand everyone has opinions. I will request that you keep the comments tasteful and respectful, and prefer you keep the ricer bashing out of it.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

ricers need love too dammit!
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

If I were you I'd take that america flag off of your bumper, nothing like a faded USA sticker to make your ride look cheap.

If you are dead set on putting a cage in this thing, make sure you wrap all the bars near your head with some rollcage padding. And while your at it you should plan on wearing a helmet if you are gonna use it as your daily driver, and maybe get a racing harness to.

IMO its not wise to stick a cage in a street car because unless you take the necessary steps it can make your ride more dangerous in an accident.

Is your car a stick? Please, PLEASE do not put nitrous in it. Its just not worth it, mostly because its not power ALL the time but only when you press a button, and it will eventually run out. Why not get an intercooler and a boost controller instead?

Anywho, I love that color, and it has potential to be a pretty clean but fast car.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

Well thanks for the comments guys. The American flag is gonna come off and be replaced with a vinyl outlined one. But its gonna stay on cause I'm proud to be American. The cage is going to be a 4 point cage it will be on the half of the car and the other points on the rear and a bar for camera mounting and harness bar. But I was also thinking of just getting a harness bar instead. The nitrous kit is a show kit which instead of the solenoids and stuff, it will have a purge kit with an illuminator. I do have a 4-point harness with a racing seat. Also my is not a stick. The graphics are just like the WRC STI's on the side but in silver graphite. But I've seen plenty of rice on here also so I would appreciate it if you would keep the rice comments to yourself unless you are ready to get a rice bashing on your ride. I mean I'm proud of my ride and what I'm doing to it to make it to where its at right now and it took me a lot to get the great sponsors I have.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

Well now-adays it seems just about everything from a big straight through muffler (like the one i have on my helix turbo back) to lowering your car is now considered "rice".

Can I ask why you have sponsors? I mean, do you race regularly or what??
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Fake nitrous= rice :lol:

Btw...a 4 point cage wouldn't do diddly if you were out on gravel and put your car on its lid at 60+ mph...

I would suggest rallycrossing...I don't think there are any down on the Southern Coast, but we have awesome ones in Hillsboro
Nick

Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

Everyone's gotta start somewhere. Full-on rally might prove to be a little much for a novice racer. Maybe not. I'd be pretty upset to hear that you rolled that sweet leggy in your first race. These things are getting rarer every day. Nor do I want any harm to come to yourself.

Racing is more than jamming on the gas and turning the wheel. Those who race here will attest to that. As it stands, I can get into Road America whenever I want, but I've yet to do so. I'm not sure I'd want to start out on a track such as that, or if I even have the skills, but I'd rather be in a controlled environment first instead of a rally track wheere anything can happen.

Whatever you do, keep a clear head and put your safety first. And try to keep the shiny side up.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Is this guy even reading this thread? Negativity turn him off? Too bad.

Of course starting in rally is like going from tball to the major leagues but he could have been driving on dirt road since he was 10 years old like someone I know on this board. that is rallying in his early 20's.

And heck I'm all for people going out and doing stuff. I think our society places too much emphasis on learning from teachers, when a lot of stuff you can teach yourself if you have confidence and balls just to go out and do it.

So more power to him.

But yeah, I was laughing a bit because you do seem a bit green. And green does get flamed...

If you're out there. Don't get turned off by this board. This is actually one of the coolest places around for learning.

Cheers!
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
ultrasonic
Third Gear

Post by ultrasonic »

If you really intend to do some racing that requires a cage you'd be well served to get the rule book for the series that you will be entering. You'll have to follow the rule book exactly or your car will not pass tech inspection.

For example, it would suck to have your friend's dad build a nice "roll bar" that would pass inspection at a "run what you brung" open racing night at the local 1/4 mile, only to have the Rally America scrutineers not allow you to enter an event because your "roll bar" does not satisfy the rules.

On the other hand, if you are going to start competing in rally cross using your nice looking daily driver SS, you could certainly get by with a bolt-in harness bar.

Better yet, buy some good tires instead.
-steve-

03 Legacy L Wagon
91 Legacy Sport Sedan - SOLD
94 Legacy Touring Wagon - SOLD
00 Impreza L Sport Wagon - totaled!
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

adam west wrote:And heck I'm all for people going out and doing stuff. I think our society places too much emphasis on learning from teachers, when a lot of stuff you can teach yourself if you have confidence and balls just to go out and do it.
I agree with that. Not for all things of course. But this? Sure.

You gotta start somewhere, right?
adam west wrote:Of course starting in rally is like going from tball to the major leagues but he could have been driving on dirt road since he was 10 years old like someone I know on this board. that is rallying in his early 20's.
Reminds me of my buddy Max. Crazy bastard pretty much was born on a dirt bike but didn't ride when he hit middle/high school, except for the Honda scooter with no plates. When he was around 18 or so, he jumped right onto my friend's '98 CBR 600 F3 and no sooner did we turn around and saw him doing a damn-near vertical wheelie down the street like it wasn't shit. Then he did another one. And another.
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

The reason why I'm trying to get into rally is because I've been doing strip/drag racing for so long that going straight and trying to beat someone is no fun anymore. I want to improve my skills as a driver to do a little offroad rallying and hit some turns. I went road rallying with SCCA and SCAT (Southern California Autocross Team) and I didnt find it very satisfying on asphault. Maybe if it was raining, yeah. But still I want to be thrown in my seat all over the place and get a little dirty.
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

Post by 92ss satinsvoice »

i recked a legacy. hit a poll doin 85 and i didnt even get hurt!

these cars are like tanks. you wont need one. but sence you know some one who know's how to do it.

why not :-) . go for it!