New Rims (finally)

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

New Rims (finally)

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

Got me a set of '01 RS Alloys. Tires on them will need to be replaced soon, but they look 1,000,000x better than the stock rims I had on there.

PIX!!

They definatly help to fill in the fenders. Now im not so sure I want to lower it any.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

I liked the older rims better, for somereason the stock rims look best. But overall those don't look bad, the best rims i think are the one from the new legacy or outback, or the impreza rims, ya the impreza rims are HOT. To bad the bumper sags though.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I loved the RS rims on Dave's wagon, and I love them just as much on yours Brian.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

I cant figure out how to fix my sagging bumper :( It sure is an eyesore.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
jnorion
Third Gear

Post by jnorion »

Those look great
~Joel
1991 Legacy LSi sedan | 1990 Legacy L wagon
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

TheSubaruJunkie wrote:I cant figure out how to fix my sagging bumper :( It sure is an eyesore.

-Brian
stop by ur local body shop or subaru dealer, they should know what the problem is.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

TheSubaruJunkie wrote:I cant figure out how to fix my sagging bumper :( It sure is an eyesore.

-Brian
I wonder if the prev. owner rear ended someone with your car and it bent the subframe of the bumper. I know this is a long shot and not necessarily a good idea, but have you ever tried "jacking" up the bumper and using the weight of the car to bend the subframe back into position.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

What it is is the brackets at the top behind the cover need to be bent back into shape, though it would probably be a quicker fix to replace them with new ones so you wouldn't have the trial and error of figuring out how far to rebend them.

My bumper's the same way from several winters of smashing big snow balls pushed off highway plows at 80 mph. These are tough cars - my Mazda would've been all f'd up if I did that with it. Damn bumpers are about half as thick and designed to line up nice with too many things requiring more plastic clips instead of the heavy duty ones the Legacy has.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Manarius, i have thought about doing that. But just havent gotten around to it. I doubt he rear ended someone, cause the bumper isnt in that bad of shape, but there is a scuff on the drivers side corner and it looks like he might have brushed into something which would have bent the brackets.

Im not 100% familiar with the legacy's subframe, and i have yet to see a breakdown of the bumper components. When i look under my car, i see alot of plastic guards and alot of stuff in the way so im not sure where the mounts are located.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

The brackets should be under the headlights IIRC. Either way you'll have to remove the bumper to fix it. It's a PITA with the metal spring clips that run along the side panels.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

evolutionmovement wrote:What it is is the brackets at the top behind the cover need to be bent back into shape, though it would probably be a quicker fix to replace them with new ones so you wouldn't have the trial and error of figuring out how far to rebend them.

My bumper's the same way from several winters of smashing big snow balls pushed off highway plows at 80 mph. These are tough cars - my Mazda would've been all f'd up if I did that with it. Damn bumpers are about half as thick and designed to line up nice with too many things requiring more plastic clips instead of the heavy duty ones the Legacy has.
yeah I was recently rear ended by an ea81 wagon and the ea81 was totaled(coresupport fucked, headlights grille radiator bumper trashed, front fenders trashed) but my car has only a ripple and a couple punctures in the bumper skin.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

what year RS's had those wheels?
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

99-01? I think the 98's had goldies.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
Murphy
Third Gear

Re: New Rims (finally)

Post by Murphy »

are those 17's? how big can you fit without doing any work?
1990 Legacy LS, 4EAT
1983 Peugeot 505S Turbo Diesel
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

They are 16x7, and came on 99-01 2.5RS's. There are no mods necessary, they fit right on. I believe they have 205/55's on them as well.

They look and feel great. Way better than the stock 15" rims.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
MPtyza
Second Gear

Post by MPtyza »

I believe those wheels are from 00-01. 98 had the gold 5 spokes, and 99 had the silver 5 spokes. And they are 16", not 17"
-Mike

White 1988 XT6 FWD 5MT (#2) 229k
Rio Red 1991 Legacy SS 180k :( - Dead