Rallycrossed this weekend...

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Rallycrossed this weekend...

Post by beatersubi »

I didn't even break my car. I finished 3rd in modified 4wd class. I was hoping to run stock class but the tech inspector didn't believe my car was a touring wagon :o(besides the i/c and the 3" catless exh) . Anyway, I think I did alright competing with cars running dirt tires.
Most importantly though, it was a lot of fun. I recommend this for anyone who likes to go fast and test the limits of their car.
ImageImageImage
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

I am jealous of your venue

we roll around on gravel and it hurts..... straight dirt looks so soft

is it private land? SCC land? government facility?
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

It was some old couple's cow pasture. They still graze cattle there the rest of the year :shock: .
The ground was pretty soft, but that means more holes and ruts. One car actually rolled when it caught a rut.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
EVOlved_Legacy
In Neutral

Post by EVOlved_Legacy »

Good job! It will be interesting to see how myself and the little lady did in M4 running on 3 wheels for half the day. :(

Just in case you don't remember us... we were the ones in the RX.
03 Legacy L
06 Evo MR
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Yeah, I remember you. And that car. You should post some pics, if you have any, for the benefit of the other members here. That tire issue was unfortunate. Didn't you're g/f (sorry, didn't actually catch your names) finish 2nd?
EVOlved_Legacy
In Neutral

Post by EVOlved_Legacy »

We didn't stay for the results, so I'm not sure. Hopefully they will get posted soon. We didn't bring our camera, so no pics this time.
03 Legacy L
06 Evo MR
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

the mods you have done to the car will keep you out of the stock classes.

stock means stock.

sounds like you had fun. my advice is to not care about the class and go out and try to beat as many as possible and only look at the OA standings.

find someone running time close to yours and try to beat them.

i preffer gravel myself foir rallyx. it is a lot more predicatble and doesnt rut up as fast.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
Humanzee
In Neutral

Post by Humanzee »

Is that from the Brooklyn Bash? I really wanted to make that event, but alas, at the time I had no car for rallying. But as of last week now I do. Well half a car, the other half belongs to a friend/co driver. We took the primitive course back in May and just finally found a suitable car. 93 SS

It seems like the event schedules I've seen are pretty vague, PRG, ORG etc. I hadn't heard about NASA till seeing them mentioned here. What other events are around the Seattle area? Pomeroy and Hillsboro are a bit of a journey. I want to avoid needing a trailer but our car has an oil seepage issue that we have yet to conquer. Don't want to burn it to the ground before we get to rally it so I've been looking for some closer events. Oh and for the WA guys when they say an event is at the ORV park do they mean that place on the way out to Aberdeen on 8?

Thanks for any info.
'93 SS Turbo
'90 L SW drove it into the ground now its dead and gone.
other:'00 A4 1.8t, 02 A6 3.0 Avant
Humanzee
In Neutral

Post by Humanzee »

greg donovan wrote: stock means stock.
Does it? The PO of our car had a canister style air filter on the car. We haven't been able to find a stock air box for the turbo. Does that mean we will have to run in the prepared class? The rules say something about it being ok to replace an air filter element. Seems a little vague but I assume that means within the stock box.

Also the SCCA book talks about stuff that doesn't add performance. Like improved instrumentation. We want to add oil pressure and water temp as well as a switch to disable the ABS with out sticking our head under the dash to pull the fuse. That should all be cool with the stock rules, shouldn't it?
'93 SS Turbo
'90 L SW drove it into the ground now its dead and gone.
other:'00 A4 1.8t, 02 A6 3.0 Avant
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Well hello,
Lots of q's.
A few a's: First, there is a rally-x this weekend in Cle Elum. Its put on by Formula Rally x: FRX
Unfortunately I can't make it, even as close as it is.
Second: as for the classifications, I'd say take the car the way it is and shoot for whatever class you want. If you don't qualify you can clarify w/ the tech inspectors about what is prohibited and still get some seat time (which is invaluable) in the next class up. Then correct the conditons that disqualified you for the originally targeted class when you get home. However, be aware that different sanctioning bodies have their own classes and allowed modifications, and they're not usually the same.

Welp, good luck, and find more info here:
Dirtyimpreza
Specialstage
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Post by impreza_GC8 »

Looks awesome! I can't wait to run my turbo'ed Outback in its first RallyX this coming weekend.
It worries me that a car rolled over when it caught a rut. With my luck, that'll be me.
-'97 Outback - EJ25 block/pistons/HLA heads, EJ22T crank/rods/ECU, EJ20G intake manifold/fuel rails/440cc injectors, VF8 @ 11psi. . . . Fuel cut > me
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

impreza_GC8 wrote:It worries me that a car rolled over when it caught a rut. With my luck, that'll be me.
From what I understand, its a very rare occurance. I imagine the car would've come down on its wheels, had the driver maintained more throttle.
Qman4x4
First Gear

Re: Rallycrossed this weekend...

Post by Qman4x4 »

beatersubi wrote:I didn't even break my car. I finished 3rd in modified 4wd class. I was hoping to run stock class but the tech inspector didn't believe my car was a touring wagon :o(besides the i/c and the 3" catless exh) . Anyway, I think I did alright competing with cars running dirt tires.
Most importantly though, it was a lot of fun. I recommend this for anyone who likes to go fast and test the limits of their car.
ImageImageImage
Sucks when the tech knows Subaru doesn't it?!? :smt118
Closet Legacy owner
Qman4x4
First Gear

Post by Qman4x4 »

beatersubi wrote:
impreza_GC8 wrote:It worries me that a car rolled over when it caught a rut. With my luck, that'll be me.
From what I understand, its a very rare occurance. I imagine the car would've come down on its wheels, had the driver maintained more throttle.
Too much throttle is actually what caused the roll-over. Had the driver gotten off the throttle and on the brakes chances are she would not have rolled. Mark it up to experience and move on!
Closet Legacy owner