Questions About Downpipes...

Headers, cats, uppipes, downpipes, midpipes and mufflers.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

drewriviera
First Gear

Questions About Downpipes...

Post by drewriviera »

The downpipes that fit Sport Sedans are the 2002-2007 WRX style right? I also noticed that Cobb, Invidia and CES make downpipes, but who else does? Does anyone make a downpipe that fits without modifying the mid pipe? Also, the O2 sensor is way farther down the pipe on the aftermarket ones than the stock Legacy pipe. What do you guys do about this? I would like to put on a catless downpipe and am looking for options.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: Questions About Downpipes...

Post by kimokalihi »

Your options with the O2 are either have a bung put in at the top or buy an extension for you O2 sensor wires.

Yes WRX downpipes fit.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

Im running a catless Bosal shorty and the bung is at the bottom, i extended the wires and havent had any issues. Mattheww044 is running a mugen or megan (sp?) DP that has a bung on the top like our stock location and one on the bottom, its a really nice DP.
-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

yea, my DP is Megan Racing. It has a bung at the top and bottom for the 02 sensor, and a plug for the other bung. It is a bellmouth and heatwrapped, I got it for 100$. Search on nasioc and you should be able to find something for under $150 if money is a concern. I wouldn't be too concerned about the brand.