Has anybody seen "The Cove"

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Has anybody seen "The Cove"

Post by Imprezive »

Just watched it on Netflix. Pretty crazy. Has anyone else seen it? Thoughts? Feelings?
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Has anybody seen "The Cove"

Post by evolutionmovement »

Makes you want to not own Japanese?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

What is it?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

evolutionmovement wrote:Makes you want to not own Japanese?
Not really, just makes me wanna go kick some dolphin-fisherman ass.

Its a documentary type movie about Japanese dolphin & whale fishing. Mainly focusing on a specific cove in Taiji, Japan where fisherman trap dolphins in nets, then kill them with long pointy poles. then sell their meat.
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

The mercury poisoning was the saddest part for me. :( If I watched it again with other people I'd bring some of those blue and white gummy dolphins to snack on. :lol:
90 L+ wgn
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah you don't want to eat anything out of the ocean especially large fish because of all the toxins in the ocean from pollution. The larger the fish the worse it is for you since it's been alive for a long time and eating smaller fish. Mercury is just one thing you're getting from eating from the ocean. The ocean is incredibly polluted now and I'm glad I hate seafood so I don't have to worry about not eating any of it.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

I eat Tuna all the time. Not dead yet! But still, you should watch the movie if you haven't.
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Well it won't kill you right away. It's just going to fill your body with toxins which can build up and create things like cancer.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Shellfish, particularly bivalves—sustainable, healthy, about as guiltless a creature to eat as possible, and damned good. Of course, I live on the coast and I wouldn't touch inland seafood. Except for the deep sea dredging, so you have to choose carefully.

But I don't care for fishermen. There are a lot of those short-sighted ignorant assholes around here, most of them alcoholics and coke heads (hey, large sums of money after weeks stuck on a boat followed by a long period of time not working—what are they supposed to do something constructive?! Maybe friggin' go to school and get a job in an industry that isn't killing itself through unsustainable practices instead of bitching about how the Man is killing it? Nope, we'll piss through that money on hookers and blow like modern day pirates without the democratic principles). They blame the government for catch limits "destroying their business" (when a lot of them live in pretty fine homes) . . . well, what the hell kind of business would they have when there aren't any damn fish left because they took them all?! How about selling that bycatch instead of dumping it? I guess because monkeys cannot self-regulate as much as they can't self-reflect, the government will have to do something about that, too, but I'm still waiting for that one. Dumb shits.

The longer I live, the less I believe in a republic and the better I understand the attitude of Qin Shi Huang towards his subjects. Most people are so incredibly self serving and stupid, why not use them as mortar in a big friggin' wall?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Shaggy
First Gear

Post by Shaggy »

My wife and I started to watch it on netflix and turned off in the first 5 minutes chase it was too ducked up to watch. I'd like to hunt the Asians that are doin that and auction them off. Dirty bastards! That kinda stuff bugs me a lot
90 2.2 N/A legacy awd wagon with outback struts.