My "New" Subaru

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

klaxed
Second Gear

My "New" Subaru

Post by klaxed »

Well as new as a 1992 Subaru can be. :lol:

I can't stay away. After the transmission in my first 1992 Legacy Wagon crapped out, I am back into another 1992 Legacy Wagon (same color even). But this one is a 5spd. :-D So stoked on it!!!

It has 265K on the body but the engine (and I am presuming the transmission too) only has just over 100K on it. So the engine is rock solid. The clutch is brand new too. The exhaust was recently redone. It's not the stock exhaust but it's not loud by any means either. It's got a nice sound to it. And it's got tint too!!! Can't tell you how happy I am to have a manual Subie wagon. :-D Here are a couple of pictures for now. You can also see my sweet rental that I had for a week lurking in the first pic.

One of the first things that I need to do is get rid of the atrocious chrome trim along the rain trays on the roof (what the rack systems hook onto). Well find some way to black it out.

I am also going to be swapping over the rear air deflector that sits on the rear hatch over from my other wagon. I am probably going to swap over the suspension, wheels and STi axleback over too. That should clean it up quite nicely.

I also have a radio from my golf that I took out of it after my accident (which is the reason for me getting this car in the first place) that I am probably going to put in too.

I might be looking to get some of those EDM headlights finally too...but that will be a few months down the road. And this guy is going to need a rear sway bar too but swapping the suspension bits should take care of most of the body roll.

The "Twins" :lol:
Wow, that wheel gap is almost identical and I haven't lowered the "new" one yet... :?

Some bonus pics of my accident from 3/7/11:
You can see where the person hit me to cause me to hit a telephone pole at 35 mph.
Brent

'92 Legacy Wagon Winestone, 265K on body, ~100K on engine, 5spd, kyb gr2's w/ whiteline ground control springs, sti top hats, hatch spoiler to be added soon...
asotwavb
First Gear

Re: My "New" Subaru

Post by asotwavb »

Nice ! I always wanted a wagon so bad :( I love that color too
1992 Legacy Sport
asotwavb
First Gear

Post by asotwavb »

and MANUAL too?! NICEEE!! :lol:
1992 Legacy Sport
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

asotwavb wrote:and MANUAL too?! NICEEE!! :lol:
Thanks. It's my favorite part. Methinks I am going be holding onto this one for awhile.
Brent

'92 Legacy Wagon Winestone, 265K on body, ~100K on engine, 5spd, kyb gr2's w/ whiteline ground control springs, sti top hats, hatch spoiler to be added soon...