Fiberglass Group Buy 89-91 NEW INFO (04/15/2005)

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

Last one out

Post by David Carter »

Well Brandon Schaal's hood and refund went out today. Huzah! Which is the last hood to be sent. Peter Hadfieald e-mailed me he got his hood's 2 weeks ago..but he's selling his rally car..so when ever the new owner put's the hood on, he'll try to get pctures up.

On another note Dan Everson is just waiting on a refund, which i should be able to get to him on the first of January.

For all of you looking to get what i have left over... You will have to wait till i get back home, i can't say when that is but i hope to be watching the super bowl in my own home..i dunno we'll see.

I talked again to Rallitek breifly about selling them all my hoods, but they wanted to talk more when i was in the states and more acessable.

thats about it for now.

David Carter
91 Subaru Legacy LS 2.2l FWD WGN
91 Subaru Legacy SSDN 2.2t AWD
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

last one...finally

Post by David Carter »

Well At this point Brandon Schaal's hood and refund should have gotten to him..I hope..

On the 15th Dan Everson's refund goes out and I'm done! finally.

I hope everyone enjoy's the hoods, I'm sorry it's taken so long to get them to you all.

I hope to be home in the states in time to watch the super bowl in my own home.. and i will see about the rest of the hoods.

Most likely i will be trying to sell them all off in bulk..

I have hard tim figureing out how much to charge for them.. I was thinking like 300-350 a hood... but shipping alone to most places is about that much :shock: ..so i'm not makeing anything.. i don't know what to do.. :x

I hope Rallitek or Teauges pick em up..that way you guys can have a reliable source to get them from.

ADMIN!!! you can probobly remove this as a sticky from the topic and the For sale topic..

Thank you all for you patients

Spc. David Carter
362nd MP Det.
Warp3
First Gear

Re: last one...finally

Post by Warp3 »

David Carter wrote: I hope Rallitek or Teauges pick em up..that way you guys can have a reliable source to get them from.
Ooooo...Get Dale Teague to buy them...I live like an hour from his shop, so I wouldn't have to pay shipping if I buy one! :D
Shane
2006 Subaru WRX TR
1989 Toyota MR2
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

David, thanks for all your hard work and attention seeing this through. Good luck in your travel and hope you return home safe.
-Jason Grahn
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

Final Call... get em while thier hot

Post by David Carter »

Ok this is the last you'll ever hear about 89-91 fiberglass hoods.

And unfortunately this is how has to be..

Rallitek, and Boxer4racing want nothing to do with them. It's a nich'e market..and they don't see interest in it..so take that up with them..

SO

I have 1 Show hood and 10 race hoods. if you haven't heard..or didn't bother to read the whole post ,the differance is the show hood is perfect..the race hood is the same quality but due to some interferance in the creation stage when i was away at basic training they got an 1/8 inch rise around the hood scoop. it can be sanded/blended away. both weigh about 19-24lbs..the stock weight i think about 47lbs...it's been a while don't quote me on that..

They both come with everything you'll need to have them installed.

I'm selling what i got.. first come first serve..they will be here till there gone..

Show hood is 450.00

race hoods are 200.00

and no that dosen't include shipping..this is one of the main reasons i can't do these any more.. Shipping and handleing cost me about $280-375 to ship to the west coast, from PA.. it's not that thier heavy..it's thier over sized..So call fed-ex or UPS the dimentions are in this topic, you know the weight..have them give you a quote from Allentown, PA to your address and send that money in with the cost of the hood. or if you wanna drive up and pick em up.. let me know when your rolling by and i'll give you an address.

Now if someone want to take over where i left off.. i'm selling the mold for $800.00 it easily weighs 90+lbs and it's a one of a kind.. you can have hoods run all day.. i can't anymore..

So if your interested..or have questions:

e-mail me at :David.n.carter@us.army.mil

92-94 need not ask me if it fits...it dosen't.

Thank you for your time.

David Carter
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

I replied in your other topic but I'll say it here too. I'm interested in the last show hood, do you take paypal?
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

paypal

Post by David Carter »

yes..yes i do..

I gotta look up what the weight and size of the boxed hoods i sent were..so you guys can effectively gauge the cost your self, to have them shipped..

my paypal is my e-mail..

David Carter
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Okay well whenever you get a shipping quote let me know.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

Shipping Info..and finalization.

Post by David Carter »

Ok. This post is to address all the e-mail i've gotten,,and all the questions i've been asked from e-mail and the messageboard.

I got the shipping numbers back. Fed-Ex actually beat the Sh@t out of UPS. i wish they had done so the first time..i would have saved myself some money.

I sent a list of most major cities North/South/East/And West.. Basicly Fed-Ex came back with from PA to the East Coast $175.00 and the West Coast $200.00 and for some reason Texas is $200.00 as well.. i don't know why. Where are you.. Split the country right up the middle. If your on the left your west coast, if your on the right your east coast..and if you live in texas..you know who you are.

Q:"Well what if I live in PA, your telling me it's gonna cost me 175.00 to ship it to me?"

A: Yes. I asked about shipping to Harrisburg (an hour from me) and shipping to Phittsburg (7 hours from me) I'm not going to lie..the price was lower..but like $5-6 bucks.. Prices will vary..i'm not going to run to the fed-ex store everytime some-one wants to know what the cost is to every town..that was the average..no price was under a 100 bucks and thats including shipping one to me from my house.

Q:" Whats the dimentions of the box so i can go to fed-ex.com and find out myself?"

A: " Well include $40.00 for the box and pading. Fed-ex wont insure it unboxed..and if they break it on-route..well i hope you know a good fiberglass guy when it gets to you. But the box is 5, 1/2 Foot long.. 6 inches wide...and 4,1/2 foot tall. weight is around 24 pounds depending on how much padding the shipper adds.

Q:" Do you take pay-pal?"

A: " Yes send money to "David.n.carter@us.army.mil" or "Ouncefiberglass" is how i'm registered thru pay-pal.

Q:" Can you send me pictures of the hood?"

A:" i thought i was going to be smart and tell everyone to check the begining of the post..HA! after 3 years..one of which i was in Iraq..web-hosting is not that forgiving..and all my pics are down,, so luckly Paul posted his at : http://www.pacman.4t.com/images/fiber_hood.jpg
I don't think it'll let me post..
we'll see. That of course being the show hood.. the race hood's scoop is rasied from the hood 1/4 inch and easily sanded away.

Q:" Can this post BE any longer?"

A:" Yes...Yes it can"

Q:" How many hoods of each the race and show hoods are left?"

A:" All of em. 1 show hood, 10 race hoods. It took me a while to get the info..and i think thats why.. But yes, no-one has yet to get one.. and people wonder why Retailers like Rallitek and Teagues wont touch em..or make any..no Solid interest.

Q:"So how much should i send?"

A:" Well nobody should send any money till you call me..plain and simple.. I'm not going to say send your money to :.... beacause i'll get 100 checks for one show hood..And as much as that sound like a cool idea.. i don't like Jail. So call me at 610-767-5140 You tell me what hood you want i'll tell you how many people are in front of you when the person ahead of you falls thru i'll call you back and get your info and payment method. I don't ship till the check clears. check don't clear..or the check don't come within a reasonable time i'll go to the next person on the list. If you live in CA or really west coast i understand if it take a week to get a letter to me..but don't expect me to wait 2 weeks for a check.. If you sent a check and it got lost int the mail for some reason.. put you phone number in the envelope..i will call you and tear up your check.. so that you don't sleep badly over it. that of course if there are no hoods available.

But for your best guess Show hoods are $450.00 and race hoods are $200.00 plus shipping i went over above in the post. but when you call i will let you know what $$$ your looking at.

Thats it..

Thank you for your time..

David Carter
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN!!!!

Post by David Carter »

Remove this as a sticky...group-buy over..

It's kewl it's still a sticky...but no reason for the extra press..this thread has been incative for about 2 months now...

time to let it fade away into the archives...

Thanks

David Carter
TheDaveler
In Neutral

Post by TheDaveler »

Got any more left? (Can't call long dist.)
How much cash would it take to convince you to make another show hood available? :P
91 SS 5sp ~ 90 Wagon w/air susp ~ 92 Loyale 03 WRX - ap stage 2 ~ 08 Legacy 2.5i
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Holy cow, this thread is 2 years old.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Actually, first post is 2002. 2005 was just one of the many times it came back from the dead :lol:

The Daveler - you aren't looking for one that's already Rio Red, are ya?
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
TheDaveler
In Neutral

Post by TheDaveler »

I dont care what color the friggin hood is.
God invented paint for a reason :P
91 SS 5sp ~ 90 Wagon w/air susp ~ 92 Loyale 03 WRX - ap stage 2 ~ 08 Legacy 2.5i
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

let me look...

Post by David Carter »

TheDaveler, as far as i know all my show hood are sold out.. i have a fair amount of race hoods that are available and wouldn't require much to get into show readyness.. but work none the less.. But i'm sorry i'm sure i don't have any left.. I will look again...

David Carter
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

I would recommend the race hood, which Dave says he still has in stock. It's identical except there's one little seam around the scoop. That's what I got and it's really pretty good. You're not gonna get a trophy at a car show, but no one else will notice the little seam around the hood scoop, I swear. Everyone asks me if I have an RS hood. Anyway, , it's a 15 year old Subaru Legacy, so one little seam is not exactly the biggest image issue.

Here's the dreaded seam around the scoop.... looks pretty normal:
'00 Impr RS - sold
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

Wait you can still buy the race hoods? How much would one be shipped to seattle?
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

Pre-facelift only....right?
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
TheDaveler
In Neutral

Post by TheDaveler »

I am serious about buying a pre-facelift race hood.
Providing I have the moo-lah :P
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Just so you know, once you get the hood, there are a couple finish up things you might have to do. Mounting takes a while, 2-3 people, and involves drilling holes. Painting is expensive. If you want the side vents open, you have to cut those yourself (which is good to do because they let lots of evil heatsoak out).

I have thread describing it all here (along with the costs to get it all done by pro's who aren't cheap):
http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=23435
Yes, all the links to pictures are broken, but you don't need them.

A few little things to do, but don't be discouraged. The fiberglass job Dave got done is actually very good - better than some professional aftermarket stuff you would buy, I'm sure. And, Dave is very meticulous about the whole process and a reputable character to work with.
'00 Impr RS - sold
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

Post by David Carter »

SuperRallyRoo wrote:Wait you can still buy the race hoods? How much would one be shipped to seattle?
Why yes you can... and seattle... got a zip code for me.. I don't think i've had shipping over 190.00 but PM me a zip and i'll check.
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

Post by David Carter »

PhyrraM wrote:Pre-facelift only....right?
HUH? 89-91 legacys... if you own a 92 and up..sorry your not gonna get it to fit.
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

Post by David Carter »

TheDaveler wrote:I am serious about buying a pre-facelift race hood.
Providing I have the moo-lah :P
Moola: 200 for the hood..
175-200 for shipping
40 for the boxing..

shipping can be negated if you pick it up.. but thats up to you.
toomuch
Second Gear

Post by toomuch »

Did you ever make any bumpers? I need one of those...
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

Post by David Carter »

toomuch wrote:Did you ever make any bumpers? I need one of those...
No i didn't, shit got screwed up to say the least and the funds never came about to do them.. not enough interest..

But there are PLENTY of fiberlass bumpers for the 2.5RS, WRX Reproductions and a plethora of Designs that can be modified to fit the legacy body..